The next Westy?
December 8, 2004
If VW ever builds this camper concept car, I’ll be first in line to buy one!
December 7, 2004
A tale of zero tolerance: “for me it’s less about protesting bush, per se, than about public space and the methods of social control. in a world where property ownership is god and real estate determines culture, public space is precious. that is where people can congregate without some specific authorized purpose. do we want to live in a world where we need permission to gather? i sure don’t.”
November 29, 2004
Some things to do before the Inaugural:
- Get that abortion you’ve always wanted.
- Drink a nice clean glass of water.
- Cash your social security check.
- See a doctor of your own choosing.
- Spend quality time with your draft age child/grandchild.
- Visit Syria, or any foreign country for that matter.
- Get that gas mask you’ve been putting off buying.
- Hoard gasoline.
- Borrow books from library before they’re banned
- Constitutional law books, Catcher in the Rye, Harry Potter, Tropic of Cancer, etc.
- If you have an idea for an art piece involving a crucifix - do it now.
- Come out - then go back in - HURRY!
- Jam in all the Alzheimer’s stem cell research you can.
- Stay out late before the curfews start.
- Go see Bruce Springsteen before he has his “accident”.
- Go see Mount Rushmore before the Reagan addition.
- Use the phrase - “you can’t do that - this is America”.
- If you’re white - marry a black person, if you’re black - marry a white person.
- Take a walk in Yosemite, without being hit by a snowmobile or a base-jumper.
- Enroll your kid in an accelerated art or music class.
- Start your school day without a prayer.
- Pass on the secrets of evolution to future generations.
- Learn French.
- Attend a commitment ceremony with your gay friends.
- Take a factory tour anywhere in the US.
- Try to take photographs of animals on the endangered species list.
- Visit Florida before the polar ice caps melt.
- Visit Nevada before it becomes radioactive.
- Visit Alaska before “The Big Spill”.
- Visit Massachusetts while it is still a State.
Disclaimer: this was making the rounds of e-mail; I have no idea who the originator/author is.
Why Evangelical Christians Should Not Vote for Bush
November 4, 2004
Oops, too late. But Paul Ford’s article on Ftrain.com is really funny anyway.
November 2, 2004
Well, it’s looking like Ohio and Florida will both go to Bush, putting the presidency out of reach for Kerry. I haven’t seen a poll site yet that got all the key states right; neither right-leaning nor left-leaning. I hope all the polls are wrong enough that Kerry comes out ahead when all the counting is truly complete, but that sounds like a pipe dream just at the moment.
Poor Tom Brokaw sounds like he wants to cry, describing the nearly-lost cause of the Kerry campaign. At the moment, Kerry would have to win every remaining state, including Nevada, and that just ain’t going to happen.
But what I just can’t comprehend is Florida going to Bush! Didn’t the democrats in that state learn anything in 2000?
And what about the “nation’s breadbasket” – what part of “giant deficit”, “incipient draft”, and “disingenuous foreign policy” do those people not understand? Never mind, it’s a rhetorical question. The very people who vote for Bush are those who will suffer the most under his policies.
Bunch of sheep, those folks.